Running a French Holiday Gite in Rural Brittany

Saturday, October 14, 2006

Setting up a Google sitemap for my blog

Reading a useful article on Improbulus tonight about using the Blog RSS feed to trick Google into using it as a sitemap. That way you can automatically ping Google whenever you add new Blog entries so that they'll be more rapidly indexed by Google (without this trick, Google's currently reporting that it last crawled my Blog on 8th October for instance - 6 days ago).

Unfortunately I can't type tonight and mistakenly submitted my site to Google's webmaster tools as giteinbrittany.bloTspot.com rather than giteinbrittany.bloGspot.com and not suprisingly it didn't work!

blotspot.com is incidently for sale and doubtless there's money to be made from all the other people on the web with fat fingers like me.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home