Running a French Holiday Gite in Rural Brittany

Sunday, July 01, 2007

White smoke seen at the office - my promotion was successful !!

Back in April I wrote about preparing a business case for promotion and being a bag of nerves at the actual promotion panel.

Since then I've been waiting ...

... and waiting ...

... and waiting some more.

I've heard occasional bits of good news unofficially on the grapevine but the formal decision making process has ground it's way through various levels of moderation, evaluation and double-checking. The decision was due by mid June but then got put back a few weeks.

On Friday I finally heard what I'd been waiting for, that I'd been successful in my application and was being promoted to 'Associate Partner'. Of the 7 people in our business unit that went forward only 2 were successful (including me) so it's been a tough job to get through.

Drank most of a bottle of champagne to celebrate that night !

3 Comments:

  • It took me several attempts with Google translate to work out what this comment was saying.

    Eventually I deduced that it was Portuguese:
    "Oi, I found yours blog for google tá well interesting I liked this post. When to give gives passed for mine blog, is on personalized t-shirts, shows step by step as to create a well personalized t-shirt way. Until more."

    More spam! Advertising T-shirts this time I guess

    By Blogger Geoffrey, at July 05, 2007  

  • Well done Geoffrey.
    Does this mean you will be spending more time in Brittany, relaxing at your holiday gite, or more time at work, delaing with your increased responsibilities?
    Hope it's the former!
    Martin.

    By Blogger me, at July 13, 2007  

  • Thanks Martin

    Well it definitely means a slight increase in money in the bank, but I suspect that goes with a corresponding decrease in number of hours available to actually spend it!

    Oh well, such is the joys of responsibility. Only 13 more years to retirement ....

    Geoffrey

    By Blogger Geoffrey, at July 13, 2007  

Post a Comment



<< Home