Running a French Holiday Gite in Rural Brittany

Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Fantastic day today, did my Microlight Flying Test

Today was the day I have had multiple multiple butterflies in my stomach as it was time for my Microlight Flying Test - which if I was successful would mean I'd be no longer a student and would have my full PPL(M) Pilots Licence.

We were supposed to be doing the test last week but rain stopped play, so the test was rescheduled for today.

The forecast was pretty much perfect, almost no winds, clouds at 3,000 feet or more, and calm conditions predicted all day.

Last night I seemed to hardly sleep a wink. Awake at 3:30am, then 5:30am, and then I finally got up at 6:30am.

The rest of the day has been a bit of a blur, I was second of the three students doing their flying tests today and the long and the short of it is that I passed!!!

I was as pedantic as I could possibly be with pre-flighting the aircraft and with all my takeoff and en-route flight safety checks, the exercises went pretty well, including the three emergency "engine failure" landings which I successfully got down to the target field OK (I was really worried about these), and the only thing that really didn't go as well as it could have done was the intentional stalls when turning .. when I couldn't get the aircraft to stall at all. More practice of this manoever required!

So now that I have done all 5 of the theory tests and passed them as well, and now today having passed the practical test, the paperwork is all filled in and I now have to wait for the CAA to send me my licence in a few weeks time.

Yipee !!

See previous articles about learning to fly a Microlight aircraft

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home