Running a French Holiday Gite in Rural Brittany

Monday, February 18, 2008

Nice break in France but come back home with sinusitis

I've been away on holiday in France for the last week in our Brittany Gite, although it wasn't much of a lazing around holiday as I spent the week working on the second house, and in particular plasterboarding the ceilings and walls of the upstairs bedrooms in the second house.

When I've downloaded them off the camera I'll post some pictures so you can see how busy I've been as counting it up afterwards, 15 bits of metal plasterboard framing and 19 pieces of plasterboard erected in the week I was there doesn't sound like much of an outcome after a week's work!

It was a nice break though, warm and sunny in the day and cold at night, so nothing to do but to curl up with a bottle of wine in front of the TV ...

Unfortunately the cold and sneezes I went over to France with has developed by the end of the week into sinusitis, half of my face feels like it's on fire now, my teeth and jaw ache, I've a thumping headache all the time that pain killers just don't seem to shift, and all in all I feel absolutely lowsy. I've been off work today and had to visit the doctors for some antibiotic's which do seem to be taking effect already so hopefully I'll be back up again soon.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home