Running a French Holiday Gite in Rural Brittany

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Sad day today, my cat died

My eldest cat Timothy died this morning at 6:55, a few minutes after I'd left for work.

He was an old man, coming up to his 17th birthday in a month or so's time so it's not really been a surprise but it's still a sad day.

Last night he clearly wasn't very well, he was wobbly on his feet and had gone off his food. This morning when I went in he was lying down and his heart was racing. Later on I could see his breathing was laboured and his heart was hardly fluttering so I knew it was probably his last day today.

He's been with me a long time, in fact he was with me when I was a single man before I met and eventually married Liz. His loss leaves a hole in my life

3 Comments:

  • Very sorry to hear, Geoffrey. That's a tough one. Hang in there. Only time will help. My wife and I just lost our cat, Maya. She'd been ours for 10 years, 15 for my wife. 17 years is a good run though. We had to put Maya down after similar symptoms. I'll never forget that moment. Best wishes & deep condolences from a fellow cat lover (& Francophile) in LA.

    Brady

    By Blogger blackpug, at April 27, 2007  

  • Very sorry to hear, Geoffrey. That's a tough one. Hang in there. Only time will help. My wife and I just lost our cat, Maya. She'd been ours for 10 years, 15 for my wife. 17 years is a good run though. We had to put Maya down after similar symptoms. I'll never forget that moment. Best wishes & deep condolences from a fellow cat lover in LA.

    Brady

    By Blogger blackpug, at April 27, 2007  

  • Oh im so soryy to hear that we had an old cat and i burried it im ten years old and i was the one who barried it omg i cried!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at February 24, 2009  

Post a Comment



<< Home