Running a French Holiday Gite in Rural Brittany

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Oddest 'contact us' holiday rental enquiry yet?

We get some pretty varied emails via the holiday home booking enquiry form. As well as the booking enquiries that of course we are hoping to get sent to us we also get a mixed bag of spam and scam attempts (some of which I have written about before - see previous postings about Scam rental enquiries).

Of course we also get a fair number of let's just say "adult" emails which are stuffed full of links to dubious websites that I have no intention of visiting. Fortunately Thunderbird's Junk email filter has now got pretty good at spotting and automatically filtering those out so I only have to go through the Junk mail folder every week or so and double check that nothing has slipped by.

But this email has got me stumped as to what to do with it, here's the full enquiry as I received it:
Hi - I was just wondering if you would be interested in buying my property in Brittany with a view to letting it out? Look forward to hearing from you. Regards Natalie Jones

And that's it. There's a return email address (with a number 2 in it and hosted at hotmail.co.uk - so that gets me suspicious), but there's no details of the property, where it is, how much Natalie might want for it, etc.

I think I won't persue it any further; I've enough 'fun' with looking after one Holiday Home and renovating the second, and even if it is genuine methinks I couldn't cope with another property - and I'm sure the bank wouldn't want to extend my line of credit even further.

Any thoughts?

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • Ignore Natalie - our property is far nicer - take a look at http://www.FarmHouseGites.com - only 199,000 euros

    All the best

    Keith

    P.S. Only slightly tongue in cheek!

    By Blogger Unknown, at October 29, 2009  

  • And if anyone does buy Keith's property then I want 10% as introduction fee ...

    Cheers, Geoffrey

    By Blogger Geoffrey, at October 29, 2009  

Post a Comment



<< Home