Running a French Holiday Gite in Rural Brittany

Friday, October 23, 2009

Postie brought me Windows 7 today

Microsoft Windows 7
In July I wrote about Windows 7 being available to pre-order and this morning I received a couple of copies through my door.

They would have been with me yesterday which was the official global release date but we were out so they were re-delivered this morning. Actually getting the software on the day it was launched is impressive so hats off to all those involved.

I'm intending to move up from Windows XP to Windows 7 (having missed Vista) and am hoping that it proves to be as good a release as all the reviews say. By all accounts this is the operating system version Microsoft should have shipped 3 years ago when Vista was launched and hardware requirements are reduced and stability (including backwards compatibility) much improved.

The upgrade version of Windows 7 is currently selling at £75.73 from Amazon or £114.98 if you want the full version.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home