Running a French Holiday Gite in Rural Brittany

Sunday, January 06, 2008

My mistake & a calm thought for the day

Liz (my wife) pointed out a mistake in the recap of 2007's blog postings. It was actually January 2007 when I went over to the Gite for a long weekend to repair the gates, and in February I didn't actually go, instead Liz, her parents and our children went together - the first time she's been to Brittany without me (so I won't mention how they took a wrong turning en-route), and I stayed at home and fed the pets.

My mistake, my bad!

Meanwhile I went back to work at Stockley Park (near Heathrow) on Thursday, and it was full-on back in at the deep end. Seemed I'd never been away and I was deluged with actions and issues to sort out immediately, if not sooner. Great (not).

One of my colleagues sent me a helpful "thought for the day" on calmness and serenity ...

CALMNESS IN OUR LIVES

I am passing this on to you because it definitely works and we could all use a little more calmness in our lives. By following simple advice heard on the Dr. Phil show, you too can find inner peace.

Dr. Phil proclaimed, "The way to achieve inner peace is to finish all the things you have started and have never finished."

So, I looked around my house to see all the things I started and hadn't finished, and before leaving the house this morning, I finished off a bottle of Merlot, a bottle of Zinfandel, a bottle of Bailey's Irish Cream, a bottle of Kalhua, a package of Oreos, the remainder of my old Prozac prescription, the rest of the cheesecake, some Doritos, and a box of chocolates.

You have no idea how great I feel right now. Please pass this on to those whom you think might be in need of inner Peace.

I'd had a bit of a cold on New Year's day (Tuesday) and despite Liz's instructions to the contrary I thought I'd be OK for work. Well by the end of the evening the cold was full-on again, I hardly slept at all in the Hotel Thursday night, and decided that I was in no state for work on Friday so drove back home.

Have spent most of the weekend wrapped up on the sofa sneezing, coughing, spluttering and generally feeling very ill. I'm not ill very often but when I do, I make up for it big time. I don't think I will be back at work on Monday, will take the time to get properly better instead.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home