Running a French Holiday Gite in Rural Brittany

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Our house-hunting guests have found somewhere to live

Follow-up to the story of a house-hunting couple who wanted to stay in our holiday Gite for a week whilst they were looking for their own holiday home in the Josselin area.

Although they had originally planned to only stay in our Gite for a week whilst they were looking round the area, they did mention that they might change their plans and possibly want to stay on a bit longer. Fortunately the Gite wasn't booked the following week either so I gave them my mobile number and suggested they send me a text at the end of the week if they were planning on staying on.

One evening whilst I was driving home I received a text message from them telling me that they'd found a place they liked, wanted to stay on, and they were due to sign the Compromis de Vente (agreement to purchase) the following Monday.

At the time I was sitting on the M25, in the pouring rain, in an enourmous traffic jam and they were sitting in Brittany, on our lounge sofa, drinking a glass of wine. I think I know where I'd rather have been...

So they stayed on another week, signed the papers, and are hoping to move over there permanently once the rennovation works to their new house are complete.

Lucky, lucky lot.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home