Running a French Holiday Gite in Rural Brittany

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Learn a French word-a-day

One blog that I've been regularly receiving for some time now and can thoroughly recommend is French word-a-day which sends out regular (thrice-weekly) emails which they lovingly describe as a "slice of French life".

The authors moved to France a number of years ago and started their site in 1999. Each email is based around a French word (yesterday's was ciseaux - scissors), contains the dictionary definition, a proverb using the word and then a little illustrative story interspersed with French words and phrases, all based around the word of the day.

I have to admit that although I've been receiving the emails for some 6 or more months, I'm a bit behind on actually reading them and improving my French !

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home