Running a French Holiday Gite in Rural Brittany

Saturday, February 25, 2006

House-hunting guests for next week

Just as I'd walked out the door this morning to take the dog for a walk, my wife Liz called me back with "Gite booking on the phone".

Completely out of the blue it was a couple who are house-hunting themselves in the Josselin/Brittany area, had found our Gite website via Google, and wanted to stay in the Gite from Saturday next week. Fortunately we've no-one in right now so they're welcome to stay.

Whilst we were chatting on the phone I learnt that they're due to see the same agent that we bought our house through in September 2003, Franck Guillaume of Bretagne Proprietes Services in Josselin. Maybe we'll end up with some new English friends in the vicinity?

It got me thinking about my Google Adverts though, I'll setup some new adverts tailored to other people looking to rent whilst they house-hunt in the area - maybe I'll get some more out of season bookings as a result.

And Dexter (the dog), well he did get to go on his walk after a short delay!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • That sounds like a great use of Google AdWords. There can't be many people targeting appropriate terms, so you'll probably get some good deals on that highly targeted traffic. Good luck!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at March 05, 2006  

  • Hi,

    I am buying a small apartment in france, and read with interest your blog about OCR and translation.

    I have just recieved the first request (form H2 foncier questionaire). I am struggling to get help (without paying a hefty fee).

    Do you by chance have a translated copy of this form and perhaps the habitation tax form? I'm happy to pay.

    Yours hopefully,
    Jim.barry@sun.com

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at July 01, 2008  

Post a Comment



<< Home