Running a French Holiday Gite in Rural Brittany

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

A Taste of France from Lidl

Coquilles Saint-Jacques
Steaks Hachés pur Boeuf
Gratin Dauphinois
Pineau des Charentes
If you can't wait until your next French holiday then I noticed that Lidl's are running a Taste of France promotion from Monday next week (25th May 2009).

There's a range of different typical French produce on sale, both food and drink, and as usual with Lidl are all at cheap prices and with a no-frills service.

I can personally recommend the 'Pineau des Charentes' which I've never seen on sale in the UK before, it's made from the 'left-over' bits of grape from when wine is made, with added Cognac to give it a bit of zing! Very nice, I've enjoyed more than a bottle or two of it in the past and have brought some back home to give to my Dad as well!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home