Running a French Holiday Gite in Rural Brittany

Monday, January 02, 2006

The price of adverts on Google

Had a look at how our keyword adverts are performing on Google Adwords.

Like most of Google's concepts it's brilliantly simple - you write your advert, select the keywords you want to associate the advert to and how much you want to pay. The more you pay, the higher up on the page your adverts appear when someone searches with matching keywords on google .

Over the last 7 days our adverts for our Brittany holiday Gite have appeared 23,194 times with an average page position of 5.2, been clicked on 40 times and has cost £4.77.

I'm glad I checked on Adwords today as eight of our keywords have been suspended because our maximum bid is too low. I reactivated most of the suspended keywords by increasing the max bid amount but decided that gite de france is outside of my financial league - £2.75 per click is just too much for me!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home