Running a French Holiday Gite in Rural Brittany

Tuesday, March 05, 2013

Brrr, maybe spring hasn't arrived just yet

In my last blog posting I wrote about how lovely the Gite was with the spring flowers just peeping out, but maybe I spoke too soon.

Got up today and we've been reminded by the weather that we're not into the halcyon days of summer just yet awhile, it was cold last night and there's a frost on the grass.

I'd spent a bit of time over the last few days removing the few leaves from the pool that had fallen in (see last picture on my earlier post about the swimming pool), but today the pool has a layer of ice over it.
It wasn't just a thin sliver of ice either, I carefully pushed the edge of the pool out and eased my finger down to judge the thickness, and it felt like the ice was about 1cm thick (¾ of an inch in old money). Not sure how cold it has to be to freeze this much but made me glad that Geoff had disconnected the pump pipes from the pool and had drained the water out of the pipes so that any frost wouldn't damage them.

By mid morning the sun had come up and burnt off the frost from the ground. We didn't try swimming in the pool though ..

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home