Running a French Holiday Gite in Rural Brittany

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Waiting for the boat, but do I know where I'm going?

I'm sitting here on the quay side at Dover ferry port, waiting for the ferry to unload before we can drive on.

It was another "rapid" drive down to the port to get here in time - combination of being late because I wanted to see the kids after they finished school and rush hour traffic on the motorway.

Anyway got here with 45 minutes to spare; only to find out that the ferry was delayed by 30 minutes due to fog in the channel. Sigh, I needn't have rushed.

But whilst I am sitting here waiting I've just realised that I haven't got a map of France or Brittany with me. Well I've done the drive down to the Gite about 40 times now so hopefully I won't have a problem and get lost - but just on the off chance that there is a diversion or bad traffic then I really am without a proverbial paddle!
Hey ho, all part of the adventure I guess.

P.S. This is my first ever Blog posting with the Blogger app on ?y new Android Sony Experia phone. I've finally joined the rest of society with a smartphone and have put the trusty Nokia 6310i out to retirement. Mind you, having to charge the phone every day is a chore - the Nokia could last up to a week with care!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home