Running a French Holiday Gite in Rural Brittany

Monday, March 01, 2010

Euroferries - doesn't look like they started service today

EuroFerries
I've said much on Euroferries in previous postings, most recently reporting that EuroFerries had cancelled the lease on the ship they were going to use in January.

But despite all the problems they've had in the past (and possibly that they don't have a ship), the Euroferries website still claims that they are "the leading fast ferry operator on the English Channel" and on their service schedule it shows sailings commencing on 1st March - i.e. today.

Well there's absolutely no sign of life on their website and when I tried their customer services number there was just a recorded message to greet me. When I tried to book a sailing I was told to select a date after 18th March 2010, but it never managed to find any available crossings.

Another false dawn ...

A couple of weeks ago I realised I was rather optimistically showing Euroferries on the travel choices for getting to our Brittany Gite page so I promptly removed it until something more concrete happens.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • Well said, Geoffrey. That they do not so much as post even just a line or two on their website confessing that they are once again missing a launch date speaks volumes. This company has been trying to get going for 3 or 4 years now, first from Dover and latterly from Ramsgate. It would be great if it could happen, but like so many others I have now lost faith.
    Jacques

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at March 01, 2010  

Post a Comment



<< Home