Running a French Holiday Gite in Rural Brittany

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Flu

This is the first time I've got out of bed and dressed for 8 days, and I haven't shaved in 8 days either.

No this is not some new slovenly mid-life crisis I've succumbed to, more a matter of the flu virus that I've had instead.

Felt tired last Tuesday evening but put it down to just having been standing up in Church whilst videoing Jack's school concert, but by the Wednesday morning I was clearly going down with something, and that something went from cold to flu with full-on aching joints, shivering, sweating, coughing until I thought I would be sick, etc, etc - you get the idea.

So I've been confined to bed until I got better. The worst of the flu went after a few days but it's left me feeling extremely tired and fatigued and although I'm up and dressed right now I think I'll be going for a lie down this afternoon as my head is spinning and I still don't feel good.

I've been through the inane questions that the National Pandemic Helpline quiz you with and have my very own course of TamiFlu tablets - with no prescription charge either which was nice.

This is not to be recommended at all.

Having grown an 8 day stubble the kids are intrigued as they've never seen me with a beard before. I've only ever grown a beard once before about 20 years ago so they've asked me to grow one now. Think I'll grow it for Christmas and then shave it off in the new year when I go back to work properly.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home