Running a French Holiday Gite in Rural Brittany

Saturday, November 29, 2008

Sadly Speedferries don't (speed) any more

Speedferries SpeedOne
Following on from my Blog posting announcing SpeedFerries in Administration the sad news appeared on their website yesterday that the official joint administrators announce the closure of Speedferries Limited (in administration).

The administrators have been trying since 12th November to sell the business as a going concern, and despite getting SpeedOne released from the French authorities they've been unable to find a buyer for the business.

Ferry operations have now been cancelled and customers are advised to "seek alternative travel arrangements".

I've still got quite a lot of pre-paid tickets with SpeedFerries, now quite useless of course, so will try to see if I can get a refund from my credit card company (thanks to the anonymous reader who made this suggestion in response to my earlier posting). I'll let you know how I get on.

Not quite sure which Ferry company we will start using from now on, have to go back to surveying the prices before each crossing I guess.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home