Running a French Holiday Gite in Rural Brittany

Sunday, February 18, 2007

'"Torn" sketch at The Secret Policeman's Ball

Nothing at all to do with France, but I thought I'd pass on a really amusing sketch I saw recently as part of Amnesty International's Secret Policeman's Ball at the Royal Albert Hall.

Channel 4 showed the fund raising event a month or so ago, and one particular sketch we loved (and have since watched repeatedly) was an visually interpretive mime to Natalie Imbruglia's "Torn".

At the time we didn't know who had performed it, but some digging on youtube I managed to find the sketch and found out that it was performed by David Armand who pretends to be Johann Lippowitz.



Looking further I found David Armand's profile on you tube and then found a couple more mime's David's done to Oasis' Don't Look Back in Anger and Paul Young's "Wherever I Lay My Hat".

Absolutely fabulous stuff and David's obviously a really clever at what he does. Just look at other people attempting to do his mime's (also posted on you tube) to see how well he performs compared to them.

The DVD of Amnesty's Secret Policeman's Ball is available now, profits go towards Amnesty's great work. IMHO, worth it for just watching David Armand (repeatedly!)


Categories:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home