Running a French Holiday Gite in Rural Brittany

Friday, December 15, 2006

Blogger thinks I may be spam

Last weekend I was making a blog post when I noticed that before I could publish, Blogger wanted me to type in a verification word. Alongside was a more information link which I duly clicked and was presented with a page that announced

Your blog requires word verification

Blogger's spam-prevention robots have detected that your blog has characteristics of a spam blog. (What is a spam blog?) Since you are an actual person reading this, your blog is probably not a spam blog. Automated spam detection is inherently fuzzy and we sincerely apologise for this false positive.

Before we can turn off mandatory word verification on your posts we will need to have a human being review your blog and verify that it is not a spam blog. Please fill out the form below to get a review.

Find out more about how Blogger is fighting spam blogs.

Well I didn't feel like I my Brittany tales and typing was spam (and in fact I have my own share of spam comments that I have to delete every week) so I duly entered the verification word, my email address, and waited for Blogger to "review my blog".

After a few days of continuing enter a verification word for each and every posting, and thinking that Blogger had forgotten me, I re-entered a verification word and my email address and waited again to be "reviewed".

Joy of joys yesterday I received two emails from Blogger support telling me

Hello,

Your blog has been reviewed, verified, and cleared for regular use so that it will no longer appear as potential spam. If you sign out of Blogger and sign back in again, you should be able to post as normal. Thanks for your patience, and we apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

Sincerely,
The Blogger Team

Well I'm glad that that's over as I'm not sure what I could next have done if Blogger had reviewed me and judged my ramblings to be wanting. It's good that an effort is being made to stamp out irrelevance on the web but it's disconcerting when it's incorrectly targetted at you.


Categories: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home